We do not allow the direct sale, transfer, or solicitation for free of any animal by a vendor or visitor upon our property. We do, however, uphold the strong agricultural tradition of fairs and farms in auctioning small livestock. This online bidding auction will offer small livestock, agricultural items, livestock related merchandise (cages, feeders, tack, etc.) and eggs. Our livestock barn is a consignment facility. Animals are not boarded or bred here.
Potential bidders may preview livestock in person 2-4 p.m. EST on Friday. All bidding is conducted online. The auction begins closing at 4 p.m. Friday and will generally close a few lots at a time. Pickup times will be clarified in the details of each auction. Please confirm pickup availability prior to bidding. We do not ship animals. We do not board animals long term.
This auction is overseen by multiple levels of local, state, and federal oversight including a veterinarian, the The Ohio Department of Agriculture, U.S. Department of Agriculture, and Columbiana County Humane Society. For questions or concerns please contact the barn management at (330) 227-3233 or email [email protected]. The Columbiana County Humane Agent can be reached at (234) 575-1400 or email [email protected].
Bidding / Buying
- It is your responsibility to know your state’s regulations and requirements.
- Certain animals require permits or licenses to own. Please be aware of this before you buy and have your papers in order
- If you buy an animal you cannot own we will resell that animal for you and you will incur any cost or commission associated with that sale.
- No alley trading or parking lot sales. All sales are to be run through the office.
- You may pick up your purchase(s) per the details of each auction. Please be aware of pickup and purchase terms and times PRIOR to bidding.
- Please bring the appropriate transportation there is plenty of parking for large trucks and trailers.
- Please bring any concerns to our attention prior to removing any livestock or item(s) from the premises.
- It is recommended that all buyers educate themselves on proper livestock quarantine and care.
Payment: Cash, check or credit card with a 10% buyer’s premium for all purchases. All purchases are final. No Shipping!
OUT OF STATE BUYER NOTICE
BUYERS TRANSPORTING ANIMALS OUT OF OHIO ARE FULLY RESPONSIBLE FOR MEETING ALL STATE LICENSING, VETERINARY, and RELATED REQUIREMENTS of their destination state.
Links to PA and WV are provided as a courtesy below. Other jurisdictions may apply.
PLEASE RESEARCH YOUR STATE, LOCAL, and ANY RELATED REQUIREMENTS PRIOR TO BIDDING.
Consignment / Selling
SMALL LIVESTOCK GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Animals must be transported to us in comfortable and sturdy cages that are in appropriate sized. Generally animals are transferred to our coops. EFFECTIVE 3/18/22 – ABSOLUTELY NO RODENTS (i.e. sugar gliders, rats, mice, chinchillas, etc.) OR HOUSE BIRDS BROUGHT IN CARDBOARD BOXES. THESE ANIMALS MUST BE IN CAGES OR WILL BE TURNED AWAY.
- If you bring animals in your own cages, animals must be able to move comfortably in cage. Any cages brought with animals and pictured in listing will sell with animals.
- No animals will be boarded before or after the auction.
- There will be a $1.00 charge for pullorum testing fee per bird that requires testing, with a maximum of 3 birds per consignor needing tested.
- All boxed baby birds in the warm room (chicks, ducklings, goslings, etc.) will be charged $1 fee per lot to account for hydration measures.
- All pigs must come with health papers, ear tags and all required paperwork.
- All Equine, donkeys and mules at or over 12 months old must come with a negative Coggins test.
- Please note: There may be other State or Federal Requirements that also require special permitting and testing.
- We cannot accept any animals that require USDA licensing to sell.
- Payment will be processed the following Monday and checks mailed to consignors. Be sure to have your address updated into our system.
- For more consignment information call Wade @ 330-424-2705 or email [email protected]
Consignment Times for Weekly Friday Auction
- 4 pm – 7 pm Thursday
- 8 am – 3:30 pm Friday
This is an online auction that BEGINS closing at 4 pm. Individual lot closing times will vary.
AGRICULTURAL RELATED ITEMS THAT CAN BE ACCEPTED FOR THIS AUCTION
- Barn tools – forks, shovels, rakes, etc.
- Barn items – feed pans, buckets, feeders, waterers, tank heaters, etc.
- Cages – All cages, hutches, animal shelters, gates, and traps
- Clothing – Muck / barn boots, coveralls, overalls, animal clothing & costumes
- Feed – All feed, hay, in date medication, treats, etc.
- Show Supplies – fans, sprays, show sticks, tack boxes, clippers, etc.
- Hatching equipment – Incubators, brooders, heat lamps, etc.
- Any other item that be used on, in or around animals.
- ABSOLUTELY NO – household items, general tools, clothing (other than listed above), furniture, lawn & garden, toys. This is an attempt to keep our numbers to a manageable amount for the space we have. Employees have the right to turn away any item that does not meet the general requirements. Please visit our “Almost Anything” Monthly Auction for opportunity to consign items that do not suit the small livestock and agricultural online auction.
The State of Ohio mandates that select fowl be tested for Pullorum. These breeds include Chickens, Chukars, Guineas, Pheasant, Quail and Peacocks. Fowl are tested once they are fully feathered.
We do not test doves, pigeons, waterfowl, turkeys, or any type of house birds (chickadees, parakeets, and similar).
Testing is based on birds per consignor – NOT per coop. $1 Per Test.
- 1 bird consigned requires 1 bird to be tested.
- 2-5 birds consigned requires 2 birds to be tested.
- 6 or more birds require 3 birds to be tested.
- *Please note chicks must be brought in consignor-provided boxes.
SMALL LIVESTOCK AND AGRICULTURAL ITEMS COMMISSION PER COOP/LOT
$0 to $50 = *20% or $1 (*Greater of)
$50.01 to $500 = 15%
$500.01 on up = 10%
Other testing fees may apply